Amsterdam has impressive public transport connections including metros, buses, trams, ferries, and trains. RAI Amsterdam can be easily reached via tram, metro, train, or bus from Amsterdam city centre, and vice versa.
You can easily travel to and from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and other districts with the train. The main train operator in the Netherlands is NS.
While all public transport has options to pay per ride with the use of debit/credit card (cash is not accepted on buses and trams), you can purchase one-hour, day or multi-day tickets for unlimited travel around Amsterdam via the GVB transport system. The most common way to pay for travel in the Netherlands is the OV Chip Card (OV-chipkaart).
- Taxicentrale Amsterdam (TCA) (with online booking service) – 020 777 7777
- Staxi (with online booking service) – 020 705 8888
- Taxistad / Aemstel (with online booking service) – 020 208 0000
- Taxi Direct Amsterdam (with online booking service) – 020 633 3333
- TCS – 020-303 7200
- Schipholtaxi, TCS and Cabbie (with online booking service) – 0900 900 6666
- TAT (Stichting Take a Taxi)